The PEI Government draws Work Permit clients from the Expression Of Interest(EOI) pool each month. In the draw of August 20, 2020, Entrepreneur candidates with scores of 112 and above were invited to apply.
The PEIPNP allows an applicant family to move to PEI on a Work Permit, and run a local business for 1 year before applying for permanent residence status.
- Intend to settle in PEI, and to manage, invest in, or own a business in PEI.
- Make a minimum $150,000 CAD investment in a PEI business.
- Minimum $600,000 in Net Worth (principal applicant’s and spouse’s assets combined).
- Prove net worth of $600,000 CAD (loans, gifts, and inheritance cannot be used).
- Be between 21 and 59 years of age.
- Have completed at least 12 years of school (completed secondary school).
- Minimum 3 years (in the past 5 years) of transferable management or business ownership experience, directly managing at least 3 employees.
- Have basic proficiency in English or French (minimum CLB 4).